Biteback Sweet Relief™ Lotion is a plant-based lotion that forms a defence against midge bites, soothes itchiness and helps to maintain calm skin.
It’s ideal for horses that are bothered by flies and midges and tend to rub themselves after being bitten. It's also useful for feather mites, due to its slippery finish.
Its traditional, safe ingredients include: benzyl benzoate to moisturise and help form a protective barrier; benzyl alcohol to soothe; allantoin, which assists cell regeneration and bog myrtle (myrica gale) oil, an aromatic fragrance which has historically been associated with discouraging midges. It DOES NOT contain any Neem.
- Forms a physical barrier on the skin, preventing midge bites
- Itching will be soothed
- If usage starts early (while the skin is still intact), bites and rubbing can be avoided
- Skin should start to look revitalised after a week of use
- This lotion spray version of Sweet Relief allows quick and easy application to a large surface area
- It’s been used by horse owners for 12 years with consistently excellent feedback
Directions for use
- Always patch test before using extensively
- Start usage in very early Spring and carry on through to Autumn, applying each day to mane, tail, and other areas targeted by midges
- A 500ml bottle should last an average of 2 weeks in high season, depending on the size of the area being sprayed. If just mane and tail then it will last much longer
- Simply spray on, then rub/brush into target areas once a day